Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Sharing is Caring Wednesday - Professional References Tip 1-Call & Pre Screen Your Professional References
Sharing is Caring Wednesday - Professional References #Tip 1
- Call & Pre Screen Your Professional References!
The most common MISTAKE that most Career Applicants make - is not Pre Screening their PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES.
Professional References Ingredients:
• References MUST have a Professional or Custom Voicemail. (First & Last Name - Greeting).
• References should include Former Employer, Coworker, Mentor, Teacher, etc). At Least 5 References - Incase you need a last minute replacement.
• References should be an established, two year professional relationship.
• References should be knowledgeable of your Active Skills & Abilities.
• Use Recent References (5 years or less).
• Inform the References of a possible call - guide them on what to say - if need be). If a particular skill will be discussed.
• Always Insert your References on a Separate Professional Document other than your Resume. Include Name, Company, Job Title, Years Known, Telephone Number & Email Address.
Follow These Few Steps & You are Destined to Land Your First & Last Career.
Sara Jones RN
For more Tips, Videos & Advice - Join our Facebook Groups Resume Builders and Medical Assistant Skill Enhance & Placement.